The department of obstetrics and gynecology of the ANADOLU Medical Center accompanies women throughout their lives in order to ensure their health and well-being.
The Center offers, among other services, systematic annual examinations, screening tests and a battery of other preventive methods. The staff of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology consists of a team of international medical specialists and experienced practitioners who treat all types of health problems suffered by women.
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
The department of gynecology (study of the female organism and its genital apparatus) andobstetrics (study of pregnancy and childbirth techniques) of Anadolu Medical Center has a staff of experienced specialists. It works 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and it offers a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment.
To guarantee a peaceful pregnancy and a healthy childbirth, the department offers a whole range of services. Here are the main ones:
- Prenatal advice for a healthy pregnancy;
- Routine checks during pregnancy;
- Assessments, tests and ultrasounds;
- Natural birth or cesarean section;
- Postnatal care;
- Courses to prepare the couple for childbirth.
The collaboration of all the departments and the modern technologies available to the ANADOLU Center offer the possibility of an accurate diagnosis that allows to prescribe the most suitable treatment for each gynecological disease or obstetric disorder.
The Department of Oncological Gynecology
The Gynecological Oncology Unit of the ANADOLU Center treats patients who suffer from tumors of the genital organs. The department’s approach is based on an optimal preoperative assessment and an individualized care protocol.
With this in mind, the Center uses various imaging techniques (ultrasound, MRI, CT scan, PET scan, colposcopy). After the preoperative evaluation, a multidisciplinary team composed of radiation oncologists, oncologists, radiologists and pathologists develops an individualized care protocol.
Surgical interventions are entrusted to experienced surgeons, trained in the best gynecological oncology centers. For ideal efficiency, the collaboration of different specialties is necessary: anesthesia, urology, pathology, general surgery, thoracic surgery, etc.
The multidisciplinary approach of the ANADOLU Center associated with an optimal surgical technique allows patients to put all the chances on their side in the hope of healing.
The department of urogynecology
The Urogynaecology Department of the ANADOLU Medical Center supports the diagnosis and treatment of the following gynecological diseases and urological disorders:
- Disorders of the pelvic floor (in the pelvis);
- Urinary incontinence (involuntary loss of urine through the urethra);
- The prolapse (fall) of the pelvic organs;
- Faecal incontinence and associated sexual disorders.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
The in vitro fertilization department of the ANADOLU Medical Center offers effective solutions for the treatment of infertility. This ranges from basic fertility care (for men and women), to the most advanced in vitro fertilization technologies today.
The embryologists and the rest of the professionals of the IVF department work to help childless couples realize their dream of having a baby, and moreover in good health! For optimal results, the department guarantees the following criteria:
- A success rate higher than the average for American clinics;
- US Board-certified physicians;
- A commitment to succeed even in the most complex cases;
- Embryology laboratories equipped with sophisticated equipment:
- Fertilization by intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI);
- Assisted hatching;
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD);
- Sperm shavings sorting method (FERTILE Plus®) which allows to select spermatozoa without DNA damage;
- Embryo cryopreservation (freezing);
In addition, the IVF center employs the procedures below:
- IUI (intrauterine insemination)
- ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
- TESA (Testicular Sperm Aspiration)
- Micro TESE (Microsurgical Testicular Sperm Extraction)
- PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis)
- IVM (in vitro maturation)
- FET (frozen embryo transfer)
What is Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)?
Preimplantation diagnosis makes it possible to detect the presence of any genetic or chromosomal abnormalities in embryos conceived after in vitro fertilization. The goal is to differentiate embryos affected by a genetic disease from those that are healthy or unharmed carriers. This examination is carried out for several reasons, in particular: history of genetic diseases in the family, the age of the mother, the presence of a major factor of male infertility, a succession of IVFs which fail or a repeated loss of pregnancy. It is also performed for chromosomal aberrations and the following monogenic disorders;
- Mediterranean anemia (ß- thalassemia);
- sickle cell anemia (sickle cell disease);
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA);
- Cystic fibrosis ;
- Niemann Pick disease;
- Rh incompatibility;
- Fanconi anemia;
- Ichthyosis (hereditary skin disease);
- Krabbe disease;
- Leigh syndrome;
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome;
- Typing of histocompatibility antigens (HLA).